- Why should I be certified?
- Certification by TASBO offers you an opportunity to expand your professional knowledge base, continue your education in the ever-changing rules and regulations of state and federal laws, and establish an additional level of recognition and respect.
- What is certification?
- The certification program is designed to offer a professional education to those who wish to further develop their skills and seek excellence in their profession.
- What are the benefits of certification?
- Certification can increase credibility in the education community, ensure that you have the most current information and tools to do your job, and offers a competitive edge in the job market. You are able to use the certification initials (RTSBA, CTSBO, CTSBS) after your name on business stationery, cards, etc.
- What do the initials stand for?
- CTSBS Certified Texas School Business Specialist
- CTSBO Certified Texas School Business Official
- RTSBA Registered Texas School Business Administrator
- Which certification should I apply for?
- You may apply for the highest level of certification for which you are qualified. You do not need to obtain a CTSBS certification before applying for a CTSBO or be a CTSBO before applying for the RTSBA. Look over the requirements of all three certification programs and decide which classification best fits your professional needs.
- For how many years will I be certified?
- Those who meet the qualifications will be certified for three years. To renew your certification, you must meet the continuing education requirements established by the Board of Directors, currently 60 hours every three years.
- What is the difference between certification courses and workshops?
- Although both provide information on relevant topics, only certification courses offer certification credit. Each certification course concludes with an exam which you must take and pass in order to receive credit. After certification is awarded, workshops will qualify for TASBO Certification Continuing Education Credit.
- How do I get started with the certification program?
- Enrolling in the program is simple. When you take and pass the exam at the end of your first course, certification credit for that course is added to your transcript.
- Who do I contact for more information?
- The complete Certification Manual is available on the TASBO Web site, www.tasbo.org, and you can call the TASBO Education Coordinator at 512-462-1711, extension 217.