This week, the Texas Education Agency posted an announcement regarding the January 5, 2012, deadline for ARRA Section 1512 Quarterly Reports for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, and to provide additional guidance on ARRA reporting requirements. The ARRA Section 1512 reporting requirements apply to the following:
- Education Jobs Fund
- ARRA Title I, Part A
- ARRA Title I, Part D, Subpart 2
- ARRA Title I, School Improvement Program (SIP)
- ARRA Title I, School Improvement Grant (SIG) (Texas Title I Priority Schools)
- ARRA Title II, Part D, Education Technology (formula and discretionary)
- ARRA IDEA-B Formula
- ARRA IDEA-B Preschool
- ARRA 2009–2010 State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (2009–2010 SFSF)
- ARRA 2010–2011 State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (2010–2011 SFSF)
- ARRA McKinney-Vento Homeless
The TEA announcement also contained instructions for ARRA federal programs for which final reports are to be posted by local education agencies. According to TEA, 189 LEAs incorrectly submitted one or more ARRA Section 1512 reports as final for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. These 189 LEAs will need to correct this issue by reposting final reports for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, for the ARRA federal programs in question.
The TEA announcement states, "...a project is considered final for ARRA reporting purposes when all of the following requirements are met:
- There are no further ARRA expenditures for the associated award.
- All expended ARRA funds associated with the award have been invoiced and received.
- No additional jobs will be funded.
- The project status is complete per TEA requirements and/or performance measures...".
Also, the TEA announcement contained guidelines for other ARRA related topics, including:
- Education Jobs Fund (Ed Jobs) quarterly and other reports
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR) annual renewal and revalidation requirements
- ARRA Section 1511 Infrastructure Investment reporting requirements
- Enforcement actions for certain non-compliance issues
- Resources and assistance
- Webinar on ARRA Section 1512 Quarterly Reporting on December 13, 2011 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM CST (Registration for webinar is at http://www.tea.state.tx.us/webinar.aspx)
To access the TEA TO THE ADMINISTRATOR letter dated December 5, 2011 on this topic, click on the link below.