Take the Next Step
Protégés — advance your career to the next level
Mentors — help tomorrow’s leaders reach their potential
TASBO’s goal in offering this Mentoring Program is to help districts attract and retain the caliber of people required to successfully manage school business and operations.
All TASBO members and non-members, across all specializations, are eligible to participate.
Protégés Benefit By:
- Building a relationship with a mentor
- Gaining access to knowledge and skills
- Learning what you need, when you need it
- Expanding professional capabilities
Mentors Benefit By:
- Sharing their hard-earned wisdom
- Developing rewarding relationships
- Renewing their sense of mission
- Continuing the spirit that makes TASBO great
School Districts Benefit By:
- Enhanced confidence in the overall management of business and operations departments
- Improved managerial productivity and efficiency
- Increased energy and resources to focus on student achievement
How It Works
The TASBO Mentoring Program is tailored to the needs of its participants. Matching is done based on protégé needs and mentor experience, taking into consideration district similarities and area of specialization (job duties).
The mentors and protégés will communicate through telephone mentoring. 30 minute calls are recommended on a weekly basis. In addition to these regular sessions, the mentor will spend one full day with the protégé at his/her district. Additional onsite visits may be arranged if mutually agreed upon.
For additional information, contact
, TASBO CFO/Director of Professional Development, at 512-462-1711, ext. 239.