Running for the Board
The TASBO Board of Directors election is held in a two-week period prior to the annual conference. The volunteer board consists of 13 members, including four officers. Each year, three board member positions become available, and one Vice President position. The Vice President ascends to the President role after also serving as President-Elect for a year. TASBO seeks the most qualified and dedicated candidates for its board of directors.
The board application is now closed.
Key Dates for Board Candidates
- November 1 | Begin Accepting Board Applications (application link below)
- December 1 | Board Application Deadline 5:00 PM
- December/January | Candidate Orientations
- January 29 - February 13 | Electronic Voting Period
- February 19 - 23 | Engage Annual Conference
Candidates for Director shall have attended three of the last five Annual Conferences prior to the filing deadline AND shall meet at least one of the following additional requirements:
- Served as an Officer of a Committee;
- Served as an Officer of an Affiliate Chapter;
- Presented at TASBO Annual, Summer or Maintenance and Operations Conference;
- Presented at a TASBO workshop or academy;
- Presented two or more webinars for TASBO;
- Served as an instructor for a TASBO certification course; or,
- Written curriculum for a TASBO certification course.
Candidates shall have been a K-12 or Education Service Provider member of TASBO for the immediate three preceding years and hold a TASBO certification.
Click on the Election Rules button below to download full eligibility and candidate requirements.
Board Member Schedule
Below are the expected commitments for the 2023-24 Board of Directors:
|Location||Type of Meeting|
|February 8-10||San Diego||ASBO International Leadership Forum*|
|TASBO Engage Annual Conference|
|April 18-21||San Antonio||TASBO Leadership Summit|
TASBO Summer Solutions Conference
|August 23||Austin||Board Meeting/Budget Adoption|
|September 18-21||Nashville||ASBO International Conference*|
|September 27-29||San Antonio||TASA/TASB Convention*|
|December 5-6||Austin||December Board Meeting|