Running for the Board
We are now accepting applications for the TASBO Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors are elected by members annually at the Annual Conference. The volunteer board consists of 13 members, including four officers. Each year, three board member positions become available and one Vice President position. The Vice President ascends to the President role after also serving as President-Elect for a year. TASBO seeks the most qualified and dedicated candidates for its board of directors.
Key Dates for Board Candidates
- December 2 - Board Application Deadline (by 5pm)
- December - Candidate orientation webinar
- Week of Conference
- Wednesday - Candidates are introduced at First General Session
- Thursday - Election completed and new board members sworn in at Awards Luncheon
- Friday - Post-Conference Board meeting and Breakfast
Candidate Application Checklist
> Resume information (Employment history, leadership experience, professional activities, education etc)
> Professional bio (300 words or less in the third person)
> Upload a letter from the candidate’s immediate supervisor indicating their support and approval of the time and effort required to be a member or officer of the Board of Directors
> Upload a high resolution head shot photograph (at least 1 MB)
> In the application, you will make known your intent to run as Director or Officer