We are proud to announce the creation of the Award of Excellence in Financial Management, sponsored by Forecast5 Analytics.
We are proud to announce a new recognition program designed to honor Texas school districts, open-enrollment charter schools, and education service centers that have implemented professional standards, best practices and innovations in financial reporting. The TASBO Award of Excellence in Financial Management exemplifies meaningful transparency and responsible accounting practices.
We are thankful for volunteers in an Accounting Subcommittee, who outlined the program and finalize the criteria for recipients. They developed the program using the following:
- Financial accounting and reporting guidelines as identified by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) Financial Accountability System Resource Guide (FASRG) Financial Accounting and Reporting Module.
And, best practices in financial reporting as identified by:
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Association of School Business Officials International
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Council of the Great City Schools
- The Legislative Budget Board (LBB) during the Texas School Performance Review process.
- Various innovative best practices developed by public schools in Texas and other states.
Each year, we will present the award at the TASBO Engage Conference. District officials will be notified in December that they are to receive the award and should plan on attending the conference to receive the award. The award is sponsored by our Strategic Partner, Forecast5 Analytics.
We are now accepting applications for the Award of Excellence. Applications are due by the close of business, Friday, October 30, 2020. Visit tasbo.org/awards for this and other opportunities. We are also accepting applications for the Purchasing Award of Merit, which honors best practices in education purchasing.