An Annual Financial and Compliance Report is due by no later than 150 days after the close of a district’s fiscal year.
The deadline for the annual financial and compliance report is coming November 27 for districts with a June 30 FYE. Per TEA's website...
Each year, a school district, charter school, or regional education service center (ESC) must:
- Prepare its annual financial statements,
- Have its annual financial statements audited by a licensed independent CPA firm, and
- Submit the resulting audited annual financial and compliance report (AFR), and additional data to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for review.
When is the AFR due to the TEA?
An AFR is due by no later than 150 days after the close of a district’s fiscal year. The following table shows the due dates for different fiscal year calendars.
If a district’s fiscal year ends on:
then the AFR is due to us on or before:
- The Texas Education Code §44.008 does not provide for any extension when the date falls on a holiday or weekend. Nor is the AFR required to be submitted earlier
- The Audit application in the TEA Secure Environment is open 24 hours , 7 days a week to accept electronic annual financial report submissions.