In a webinar hosted by TASBO on Friday, August 14, learn about the new features and redesign of the BuyBoard website and the marketplace that will allow for a more efficient and streamlined procurement process.
With budgets tight, staff sizes small, and time always at a premium, simplicity, transparency, and assistance with compliance can make the difference.
When Texas school districts consider the various methods of complying with procurement law, the process of do-it-yourself procurement can be labor-intensive. The work may include the following actions:
- Research specifications of the product needed
- Write a Request for Proposal (RFP) or other solicitation document
- Advertise to solicit responses
- Receive and evaluate responses, including checking references
- Recommend the vendor offering best value to the district’s board of trustees
- Award the contract
With BuyBoard, district procurement staff will find what they need quickly and shop with confidence. The new BuyBoard platform includes:
- Thousands of items that have already gone through a competitive, publicly advertised procurement process
- Advanced keyword search and filtering options that allow users to browse by product, vendor, or contract, and quickly sort and compare results
- A transparent procurement experience where users can see list prices, vendor’s BuyBoard discounts, and product price comparisons across awarded vendors
- Top-notch customer service, meticulous attention to compliance matters important to members, and RFQ and PO processes for the 21st century.
The Cooperative was created specifically to support and serve public school districts, counties, cities, and other local government agencies. The goal is to provide competitive pricing, a transparent procurement process, reduced administrative costs, and superior service.
The Cooperative is a strategic partner of the Texas Association of School Business Officials, and it is endorsed by the Texas Association of School Administrators, Texas Association of School Boards, Texas Municipal League, and Texas Association of Counties.
Visit www.buyboard.com/2020-launch to learn more about the launch of the new BuyBoard and sign up for an invite to an exclusive preview.
In a webinar hosted by TASBO on Friday, August 28, learn about the new features and redesign of the BuyBoard website and the marketplace that will allow for a more efficient and streamlined procurement process.