The Compensatory Education Allotment Advisory Committee will advise TEA on rules on specific criteria and methods used in determining the allotment.
Four TASBO members were among those appointed to the the Compensatory Education Allotment Advisory Committee, one of five advisory committees to support public education.
Congratulations to the following TASBO members (including one staff member) appointed:
- Amanda Brownson, Ed.D., Associate Executive Director of Governmental Relations | TASBO
- Linda "Lindy" Finley, RTSBA, Associate Superintendent of Finance & Operations | Jacksonville ISD
- David Pate, RTSBA, CPA, Chief Financial Officer | Richardson ISD
- Karen Smith, RTSBA, CPA, CIA, Chief Financial Officer | Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
This advisory committee was established by House Bill 3 in order to advise the Texas Education Agency on:
- rules establishing other economic criteria to be considered in determining the allotment methodology using census block groups;
- rules detailing the method to count students who qualify for the allotment in:
- a) a dropout recovery school or program; or
- b) a residential treatment facility;
- rules detailing the method for properly counting students who are homeless within the meaning of "homeless children and youths" under 42 U.S.C. Section 11434a; and
- rules to determine the appropriate weight by which to adjust the basic allotment in determining the compensatory allotment for homeless students.