In 2021-22, TASBO raised more than $13,000 for the TASBO Foundation, which supports the Dr. Ed L West Scholarship program, named after the first full-time Executive Director. Capital Area M&O (CAMO) donated $10,000 on their own, which represents a re-occurring commitment.
Special thanks are in order for the individuals and TASBO affiliates who stepped up and donated money to the TASBO Foundation in the past year. The TASBO Foundation supports the Dr. Ed L. West Scholarship Program, which awards scholarships to school finance and operations professionals.
In 2021-22, the list of donors includes:
- Capital Area Maintenance & Operations Affiliate (CAMO) | $10,000
- Coastal Bend TASBO Affiliate | $1,000
- Jamie Spiegel | $700
- Jonathan Bey | $500 In recognition for receiving the Commitment to Excellence Award
- Brad Boullion | $350
- Karen Smith | $350
- Darrell Dodds | $250 In recognition for service as TASBO Board President
- Julie Novak | $233
The Foundation has funded more than $200,000 in scholarships since its inception. Without the support of donors like the ones above, the scholarship program would not be possible. Affiliates have played a large role in funding the scholarships, as has course instructors who have the option of donating their stipends to the Foundation.
This summer, TASBO awarded five scholarships:
- Erica Arnaud, Accounts Payable | Willis ISD
- Andre Givens, Custodian | Lovejoy ISD
- Trese Miller, Staff Accountant | Belton ISD
- William Poage, Accounting Manager | Prosper ISD
- Jessica Saunders, Finance Clerk | Godley ISD
In the spring, TASBO will once again open up applications for 2023 scholarships.