TASA/TASB/TASBO Budget Cohort
The Budget Cohort for Texas District Leaders is a joint collaboration between the Texas Association of School Administrators (TASA), the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB), and TASBO, to offer comprehensive budget development training for school district teams. The cohort model is based upon the superintendent, chief financial officer, chief curriculum, and human resources officers attending the training together. This model allows districts to better utilize their finance and business functions to support and enhance other areas, including curriculum and instruction, human resources, and special programs.
The program includes 30 hours of training and consists of a combination of webinars and face-to-face meetings. All training is led by subject matter experts identified by TASA/TASB/TASBO.
Registration for the 2023-2024 TASA/TASB/TASBO Texas District Leaders Budget Cohort is now open!
Contact Becky Bunte at email@example.com or 512.628.1286 for more information.
Agenda: 2023-2024 TASA/TASB/TASBO Texas District Leaders Budget Cohort
September 12 | Webinar | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Preparing for the October Student Snapshot to maximize state funding.
September 28 | Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- District Data: Using District Data to Assess Current and Future Needs
- Where are you now and where will you be at end of fiscal year?
- Pre-Legislative Update
- Share survey results
- Focus on Communications
Includes: Board Members – What They Need to Know, Community – Making the Budget Process Understandable, Staff – Transparency during the Budget Process, Collaboration among departments for budgeting
November 7 | Webinar | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- How to Communicate a Deficit Budget to your Stakeholders and Plan for the Future
- Budget Allocations – Effectively allocate resources to ensure equity in both large and small districts.
- Special Session Legislative Update
December 5 | Webinar | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Budget Implications of Chapter 21 Contracts
- Chapter 21 Contract Process
- Maximizing Staffing
January 29 | TASA Midwinter | 11:45 AM – 2:00 PM
- Understanding Texas Demographic Trends and How they Relate to Your District
- Analyzing Student Loss
February 20 | George R. Brown, Houston | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Things to Consider when Closing Your ESSER Funds
- Communicating the Complexities of School Finance
- Understanding Transportation Funding and Tips for Solving Staffing Shortages
- Are You Adequately Insured? Tips to Minimize Your Exposure
- Recognizing the Impact of Staffing on the Master Schedule
- Understanding Fund Balance
April 9 | Webinar | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Deep Dive into Staffing Ratios
- Top Ten Findings in Operations Reviews
May 7 | Webinar | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Verifying Final PEIMS Submission to Maximize Funding
June 19 | Kalahari, Round Rock | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- School Finance Update
- Understanding the Tax Rate Adoption Requirements (include TRE’s)
- Attendance Projections
- Are You Taking Advantage of All Funding Opportunities?