The TASBO Emerging Leaders Program gives new and upcoming leaders the opportunity to hone their skills, build confidence in their leadership and communication styles, and successfully manage their careers, teams, and community relationships.
The 2022 Emerging Leader program includes seven full days of training that take place over a span of six months. We kick off this year’s program at Summer Conference in June. Sessions two and three are held at TASBO HQ in September and December, respectively. A one-day virtual program takes place between sessions two and three. Each cohort is capped at twenty-four participants.
2021 Emerging Leaders Program Participants
Who should apply?
TASBO members who are currently in leadership positions or anticipate moving into a leadership role. The application for the 2022 Cohort closes at 5:00 PM on Monday, May 2nd.
2022 Program Calendar:
Session 1 | The Leader in You | June 13-14 | TASBO Summer Solutions Conference in Irving
- In this 2-day experience, participants explore their individual results of the TriMetrix EQ assessment. This insightful report includes the participant’s DISC Management Profile (their HOW), their Driving Forces (their WHY), and Emotional Intelligence (their EQ).
Session 2 | Crucial Leadership Skills | September 26-27 | TASBO Headquarters in Austin
- Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue. Turn disagreement into dialogue by speaking up candidly, respectfully, and quickly. Program content by Crucial Learning.
Session 2A | Crucial Leadership Skills | October 18 | Online
- Crucial Conversations for Accountability. Resolve problems of poor performance, broken commitments, and violated expectations. Program content by Crucial Learning.
Session 3 | The Power of Influence | December 5-6 | TASBO Headquarters in Austin
- Design and implement large-scale initiatives for lasting behavior change. Program content by Crucial Learning.
- 2022 program cost is $1695
- Continuing Education Hours upon completion: approximately 42 hours
- Additional Costs: For all six (6) days of in-person training, TASBO will provide lunch. Dinner is also provided the first evening of each session (3 total). Travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the Emerging Leader’s employer.
- Once you are accepted into the program, payment can be made immediately or in September 2022 as appropriate.
- Attendance at all six (6) days of in-person training is required to graduate from the program. No opportunity exists to make up any content missed.
Lindy Finley, RTSBA
Consultant | TASBO Life Member
Jason W. Meek, CPTD, RTSBA
Chief Learning Officer | TASBO
Jason Meek | 512.628.1287 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is generously sponsored by: