The 2021 School Operations Conference takes place November 4-5 at the Omni Houston Hotel. This conference covers the latest hot topics and best practices in Maintenance, Operations, Transportation, Safety and Risk Management. Presenters will cover topics such as the energy management, pandemic response, crisis communication, staffing shortages, and TEA updates and compliance.
TASBO has released the sessions for the 2021 School Operations Conference, November 4-5 in Houston. This Conference brings practical strategies and best practices for district Maintenance, Operations, Transportation, Safety and Risk Management departments. Learning tracks include construction, facilities, fundamentals, leadership, operations, safety & risk management, and transportation.
There will be two keynote sessions. The opening keynote, "Leadership Without a Title" is presented by motivational speaker and coach, Dr. Stevie Dawn. With over 20 years of teaching and training experience, Stevie approaches every engagement with humor, inspiration, and energy to get people moving towards their best lives. This keynote identifies the fundamental skills leaders use daily, regardless of their title or power.
The closing keynote - "Deep Freeze Preparedness" - is a panel discussion covering the challenges endured during 2021's Winter Storm Uri. This panel includes directors from four different school districts and a range of expertise including maintenance, operations, risk management, and construction. They'll discuss challenges faced and lessons learned. The panel:
- Paul Batchelder, RTSBA | Director of Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness | New Caney ISD
- Kenny Kendrick, RTSBA | Director of Facilities Planning, Maint & Operations | Humble ISD
- Stephen Kendrick, RTSBA | Senior Manager of Facilities Planning | Harris County Department of Ed
- Marshall Schroeder, RTSBA | Director of Maintenance & Custodial | Conroe ISD
- Kevin Wieghat, RTSBA | Director of Maintenance | Klein ISD
The full schedule of keynotes, sessions, and exhibits can be found on the conference website.