The RISE Award recognizes a person whose early accomplishments, within their career and TASBO, distinguish them as future leaders in the profession.
At the Virtual TASBO Engage Conference in February, TASBO awarded eight members with its RISE Award. This award celebrates TASBO members, who distinguished themselves early in their tenure with TASBO. The award program is sponsored by Texas Association of School Boards (TASB).
“Congratulations to the RISE Award Recipients,” said Dan Troxell, Executive Director of TASB, the award’s sponsor. “TASB looks forward to watching you grow and succeed as a public school leader here in Texas.”
This is the 2nd year of the awards program, eligible to TASBO members with 10 or less years as a member. The goal of this new award is to bring to light those individuals who are on the rise in the school business community. This year’s class includes:
- Paul Batchelder, Jr, | New Caney ISD
- Lloyd Blaine | Royse City ISD
- Michelle Bynum | Austin ISD
- Brandon Cardwell | Hutto ISD
- Dianna Casper | Denton ISD
- Chairita Franklin | Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
- Sara Kohn | Texas Education Agency (formerly with Round Rock ISD)
- Jeremy Trimble | Eanes ISD
“Many of our RISE Award Recipients were participants of the Emerging Leaders Program,” said TASBO Executive Director Tracy Ginsburg. “We are planning the next Emerging Leaders Cohort to start in September with applications opening soon."